Welcome to Anning Class!
Please scroll down for more information about our learning!
We are a class of year 4 and 5 pupils and we are taught by Mrs Taylor and Mrs Billings. Mrs Taylor teaches us on a Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday and Mrs Billings on a Thursday and a Friday. Our learning in class is also supported by Mrs Fallas and Mrs Walbanke.
Our ILP this term is 'The Ancient Egyptians'. We will be travelling back 5000 years to the dusty realms of Ancient Egypt. We will unravel the secrets of ancient tombs and find out about powerful pharaohs, grandiose gods and much, much more.
Ideas for home learning:
- Use the words Ancient Egypt to create an acrostic poem about Ancient Egypt.
- Design your own 2D or 3D Egyptian style jewellery.
- Use hieroglyphics to write a message to a friend or family member.
- Make a model pyramid from building blocks - how high can you go?
- Pharoahs liked to keep lions as pets but declawed them to prevent serious scratching.
- Poo was a popular ingredient in Egyptian medicine. Yuck!
- Children as young as 5 were expected to look after their younger siblings and to bake bread.
- Every stone block of a pyramid weighed an average of 2.5 tonnes.
- Pharoah Khufu's pyramid in Giza is made up of 2.3 million blocks of stone. It is the oldest of the ancient seven wonders of the world and 146 metres high!
Have you seen the Kids' Zone? Play games, and visit some cool websites. You can vote for your favourites!