Welcome to Thaxted Primary School.
We are passionate about creating a place of learning which is populated with confident, creative and caring individuals who hold and nurture our six lifelong learning skills of;
- Respect, we have mutual respect for one another’s dignity and individuality
- Responsibility, we all ensure we are safe and value education in all its forms
- Reasoning, we have growth mindsets to challenge and encourage ourselves and one another
- Reflectiveness, as continuous learners, we are developing skills to self-improve
- Resourcefulness, we have the confidence to make decisions and take action when needed
- Resilience, our positive social and emotional well-being is essential to our healthy growth.
We believe these are the ‘keys to success’ and that if these skills are developed in all our learners they will be well-equipped to thrive in our ever-changing and challenging world.
As a learner at Thaxted, every child has the right to make progress and learn in a safe and stimulating place.
We all accept that with rights come responsibilities; everybody who is part of the Thaxted Primary school community is responsible for contributing to its continual growth and for safeguarding everyone’s wellbeing (physical and emotional).
All parents/carers of a child at Thaxted has the right to expect their child will enjoy their learning and make progress. They also have the right to expect that we will do all we can to ensure your child’s safety and wellbeing.
We look forward to working together to ensure that every individual achieves their potential through high expectations for all.